Want to meet people, brainstorm, discuss, design, code, drink, sleep, experiment, have fun and make great games? This is exactly the place for you!
Did you know that you can make either video games or board games?
Game Jams are excellent challenges for game makers to balance creativity with time management, teamwork and game production skills. Participation requires focus and stamina involving 48 hours of innovation, experimentation, collaboration and fun. The rewards can be even greater, however. One can expect to build life-long friendships and future career opportunities as well as valuable skill building experience.
Our main sponsor Unity Technologies will give you Unity trial keys to develop your game over the weekend and some developers will get Unity licences, which have a total worth of 4000 USD.
25th-27th January, 2013.
The Lithuanian Game Jam will take plase in two locations: Vilnius and Kaunas.
Information about Kaunas event can be found here.
Who can participate?
You can participate if you are a developer, a student, a programmer, a designer, a thinker, an artist, a musician etc. Professional or amateur, doesn't matter. You can come by yourself and form a team when you arrive or you can bring your existing team.
Where to register?
For the Vilnius event you must register here by filling a form.
What to bring?
- For those making video games: hardware (laptop or desktop) and software (anything you will want to use).
- For those making board games: pencils, paper, scissors and glue.
- If you plan to sleep on-site, bring a sleeping bag!
- If you have spare power extension cables, bringing them won't hurt.
- We might gather a small fee (5-10 Lt) for tea, coffee, snacks, paper and whatnot.
What will we do?
When the Game Jam starts, the theme for the games will be announced. We will brainstorm game ideas, form teams, choose tools and technology, and have an amazing time making those ideas come to life!
Game Jam approximate schedule:January 25:
- 17:00 – Check-in and registration opens.
- 17:30 – Open LT Game Jam, watch keynote.
- 17:40 – Listen to guest speekers from Latvia and Lithuania.
- 19:00 – Brainstorm ideas, form teams.
- 20:00-23:59 – Start to JAM.
- 00:00-23:59 – JAM!
- By 12:00 – All participants must have registered their teams and games in the Global Game Jam website.
- 00:00-14:15 – JAM and finalize the games.
- 14:15-15:00 – Upload the games to the GGJ site.
- 16:00-17:00 – Each team presents their game.
- 17:00 – Discussions, voting and celebration afterwards!